Mind Dumps, Randomness, Reflections & Introspection
30 Aug , 2019
I do a lot of retrospection, introspection and thinking out loud. Often times, its great for me to just get things off of my chest and out of my mind as I move forward in life. When I do this, I like to invite my readers into what’s going on in my world. So this is a mind dump… a long mind dump. I haven’t done a mind dump in over a year so brace yourself.
- I have had a few people ask me about Transformation Life Church and what is going on with that. In short, I parted ways with them at the end of July as the church was shut down. Lots of friendships that were fostered and will continue to carry on.
- What’s Next???? To be honest… I don’t know, and I am perfectly okay with that. I am in a resting season, and looking forward to taking some time NOT grinding/striving to get a ministry position. This is a great season for me… probably the best season since leaving Atlanta back in 2013 to move to TN.
- I am not working with any ministry staffing/recruiting firms at the moment. I haven’t put my resume out there or applied to any position. I have had two direct offers to apply for a student pastor & associate pastor position but haven’t felt lead in moving forward with them. The mindset that I am at is that if God wants me to be vocationally at a church, he will directly open up a door. I am simply going to go at the pace of grace the Lord has set. His timing, his season, his pace/rhythm!
I am working a regular job as a Contracted IT Analyst for a Fortune 500 company. Absolutely love this line of work and enjoy working with technology.
- Wrote and published my first book back in April of this years. Book sales have been good.. a lot of great reviews from friends and people I don’t know. You can grab a copy at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and my publisher’s site. Also available on iBooks, Nook, Kindle and Google Play Books. THANK YOU to all who supported this project with good wishes, buying a copy, reviewing, commenting, sharing, or liking my post. I know of a few churches who purchase multiple copies for their bookstore, two small groups who are going through the book together and the countless of people engaged in the book – THANK YOU! Thank you to my family and close friends for showing love and support.
- A few months ago, I spoke on Instagram about being offended and hurt by some things. I stated that we have the choice to be and remain offended or not… the choice is ours. If we choose not to be offended… that doesn’t mean everything is perfect and that we don’t hurt. It just means we don’t allow it to steal our joy. Your joy is vitally important as you walk out this faith-filled life that God has designed for you. Joy shapes the miracle that God will do and ushers the presence of the Lord. Never allow offense (whether merited or not) to steal your joy. If so, the offense of yesterday could cost you your miracle and will enable you to miss what Jesus is doing today.
- As I have stated before, this is the best & healthiest season I have been a part of in awhile. I have spent the last few weekends with some great and dear friends. People who not only believe in me – but the calling and influence God has given me. 2019 Labor Day weekend was a great one. I am excited about the rest of the year, and all of the MORE God has for me.
- I went to 3 weddings (Kalamazoo, MI and 2 in Atlanta) this Summer for some good friends of mine. Was great to get out of TN and visit with them, celebrating their day.
- For the past month, there has been a constant prayer for three main things – Favor/Influence, Wisdom, and blessings. These three things express in 4 miracles I have been praying about for over a year now… Financial Blessings, Open Doors for my ministry & book, a Spouse, and Health & Wellness. My theme and prayer for 2019 has been MORE.
- Favor & Influence with God and people. Strategic connections with people to get me to the next level of where God wants me to be. Favor in everything I do. A favor that surpasses my experience, education, and background getting me not just in the room, but influencing the room.
- Wisdom in all that I do. Wisdom for life, ministry, and business. Wisdom with relationships. Wisdom in what and how I do and say things
- Blessings to flow in and throughout my life. That I am blessed so much that I live in generosity, blessing others. Blessed to take care of business. Blessed to support ministries, businesses, people, and projects. That whatever I put my hands to would be blessed. Random checks in the mail, bills paid, and debt-free.
How can I pray for you and your family? How can I pray for your ministry or business?
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Blessings, church, Favor, featured, friendship, God, Jesus, Jesus Focused Life, Jesus Focused Life Book, JFLBook, Joy, Labor Day, leadership, mind dump, ministry, Wisdom