First I want to wish my father, Eugene Gibson as blessed Father’s Day. Also wishing all the other dads a blessed day. Enjoy the day. I have a few folks who keeps asking about me and what’s next, so in a effort to keep everyone abreast, here it goes:
- Finishing up my last few weeks here in Kalamazoo MI. Kalamazoo has been good and I have met a lot of lifelong friends but it’s time to move on. I will be moving at the beginning of July to head to Alabama to spend some time with some dear friends for a few weeks resting. The plan is to transition from there to my next assignment and church God calls me to. I fully expect to dig roots and build community wherever God leads me next and that includes longevity in the grace (calling) that God releases over my life..
- I have had some really great interviews over the last 2 months with churches in MI, FL, GA, TX and CA. As of now I have 2 more coming up. I am really, REALLY excited about a possible church and partnering with them to bringing revival to their church, community, city and schools. Praying for God’s best for me and the next church. I always say, “Waiting is the hardest and also the beneficial!”
- I always get asked this in interviews or by other people – “What’s God teaching you in this season of life?” My answer is always – “He is teaching & redefining what a Good Father he is and that he has good gifts/things for me. That it’s okay to ask & seek for those gifts. I am knowing him more personally, beyond what Scripture says and what others say!”
- Often times, when I go walking in the evenings, I am just enamored by his presence while I am worshipping and walking.
- I am clinging to healthy and positive encouragement. I seek that and enjoy it. I have surrounded myself around people who speak life into me and want the best for me. Regardless of family or friendship, this is important to me. This season is proving to shine a light on those who I call friend.
- Staying positive about my schoolwork and completing my Bachelors Degree. This is still a priority and I am excelling at it in my grades.
- I returned home at the end of May to celebrate my birthday with family & interview with a church but more importantly, honor someone who meant a lot to me. She was like a 2nd mother to me for a long time, and I was apart of 2 of 3 sons weddings (Groomsmen & Officiant). I have known their family for 16 years. Still trying to process her death. I know this without a doubt… that if it wasn’t for her and her belief in/support of me, I would not be in ministry today. And for that, I am forever thankful. Thank You Janine A. Owen!
COREY GIBSON, Father's Day, God, Good Father, hope, Interviews, Jesus, mind dump, Pastor Corey Gibson