Some people have been asking for an update from me on the last 6 months of ministry… In an effort to hit multiple people at one time, here’s a brief update:
Past 6mos have been great for me in ministry. Lots of speaking, talking with lead & youth pastors, connecting and praying.
– was privileged to attend a staff retreat for a great church (Evangel Community Church) as an adjunct member. Amazing 2 days at a beautiful cabin in NC planning, vision casting and organizing on their Next Steps process. 2013 is going to a great year for them as a ministry.– was honored to preach at the end of August for dear friends of mine, while they were away for their anniversary. Great night of impact. Spoke on being a Legend (out of Ezekiel 37:1-14) // message title : I Am Legend
– was blessed to have an opportunity in Virginia Beach with a great church. I was there interviewing for a YP position and also was asked to preach. Ultimately, while I didn’t get the position, I am truly honored & thankful to have been selected as a top candidate with them. Was a ray of HOPE I needed. I have a feeling we (church and I) haven’t seen the last of each other.
– at my home church (Gateway at Suwanee) October was a month of outreach. The first was our Block party where we saw our community come out & get to know the church as we reflect Jesus. Over 300 people visited the 3 hours we were in service. Food, music, candy, Slides & Moon bounce, cotton candy, school supplies and more — all for FREE! Secondly, every 5th Monday, our church puts on a full service, plus provide food for 250+ in downtown Atlanta. This outreach effort is called SafeHouse, and varies churches partners together to reach out the 100s of men, women and children!
– In November & December, I went on what I called, “The Refreshed People Tour!” Message were all centered on Proverbs 11:25 through the lens of Mark 2:1-12! This 4 states, 9 service tour was a great experience leading people to Jesus!
– Currently, I’m talking (skype & phone conversations) with 3 great churches who are in need of a Youth/Student Pastor. One is here in GA and the rest are out of state. Also started working with a church staffing agency. They are helping to hopefully find some good opportunities. Already in the process of being presented for a huge opportunity/position if selected.
These things I am so excited and thankful to Jesus to be apart of. I would love prayer as the Lord continues to move in my life and opens the right doors with the right connections/people. Thanks and blessings!
Comments RSS Feed